Before IntravenousConscious Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat for eight (8) hours prior to the surgery. You may have clear liquids only upto two (2) hours prior to the surgery.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, drive the patient home and someone is to remain with the patient for a few hours.
- The patient is considered legally impaired for 24 hours after having IV sedation.They should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Chamberlain prior to your surgical date for instructions.